AllRecipes.com, a great site that includes recipe ratings, and notes from people who have used the recipes including adjustments and substitutions.
AllRecipes is where I found the recipe for Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread. It's really simple and turns out some great pumpkin bread!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree 2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs 1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil 1 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup water 1 tsp ground nutmeg
3 cups sugar 1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 7x3" loaf pans.
2. In large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes. Loaves are ready when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
To change up the recipe, add chocolate chips or nuts.